Friday 8th to Sunday 10th July

<<<Previous

Trying to pay catch up, have not blogged all weekend! Sorry but this process is meant to be fun, so I'm not going to feel bad about it! Here is my weekend

Friday 8th of July
End of what feels like a long week at work. I feel like its been 12 hour days but really its only been 4 a day. I have a pain, low down on the left which is worrying me a bit seeing as I have been constant pain free for a while. I'm due to see the consultant very soon, so have decided to rest up and not do any training today.

Just pottered and went round to see Mum instead!

Mind you, had some good news. Friday's are weigh-in day and I have lost 5 lbs. So that is 5 lbs less to drag myself around the course!

Saturday 9th of July
Managed to persuade Amy to join me on a training walk today. She needs to train too as she is completing it with me! I did feel sorry for her though as we left not long after her shift finished, so had been up since 6am!

Just dawned on me that we live not far from the actual St Luke's Midnight Walk Route, so decided to practise part of it. We left and walked up to Tesco's and had a fruit (and loo) break. We then walked back, but rather coming home, carried on. Turned left at Crownhill and down to Forder Valley eventually having another tea (and loo) break at Sainsbury Marsh Mills. I definatly needed the break as I was eyeing up bushes for suitable 'resting' points if you know what I mean.

The break was our downfall and we couldn't get started again! So rang for lift home (Thank you MrC) If you'd like to see the route click here and was over the moon when we realised it was 7 miles! The only downfall was a blood blister on the heel of my right foot.

Sunday 10th of July
Woke up this morning and had a lot of chores to do, plus IT support for my Mum & Dad, so just had 20 minutes on the treadmill. Managed my 1km this time as my side is still sore, but hey, no pain, no gain! 

1 comment: