What to say?

Was chatting to a work colleage and friend on Twitter last night and he apologised for not speaking to me earlier about my health problems. He said he just didn't know what to say.

I know I've been in similiar situations and not known how to respond. Everything you can think of seems so inadequate. What I can say now though, having been on the receiving end, is it doesn't feel like that. Everyone I have spoken to have had something wonderful and inspiring to say. Which is why I haven't hidden it and have actively engaged people in conversation. I want it out in the open, I need it, I need to talk about it because hidden away it starts to take over.

My Twitter friend went on to type, using the full force of his 140 characters

'You'll kick it right in it's arse. You're one of the strongest people I know'

He may have thought he didn't know what to say, but his response was eloquent, powerful and lasting to me

Thank you Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment