It's the little things

When was the last time you did something for someone else, just because you could. Just because it felt like the right thing to do?

I came back to my desk after a week working away to a package.

The note inside read

'Welcome back to Virgin Media from Hugo and the Legal Team'

And I giggled and then cried.

Late last week I'd taken a call from Hugo and rather than blag it, I'd confessed to have taken this particular project over after being off sick. I didn't know the answer to the question but would sort it out. This led (don't ask, it was a long chat) to us both saying a woolly hat makes all the difference when you're bald. Not something a year ago I thought I'd be empathising with a total stranger about.

And this lovely man, this guy I'd never met or even spoken to before, took the time, not to mention money, to send me a gift. His gift really touched me, it made me laugh, it made me cry. He'd really listened, connected and taken the time to do something. It made me feel a little bit special. Oh and very warm.

If you haven't already guessed it, I'm now the proud owner of a new hat, a Paul Smith woollen hat to be exact.

And I love it!

It's inspired me to keep my eyes and ears open, to be able to make a little difference to someone else. Because sometimes it is just the little things.

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I love random acts of kindness and you have inspired me to do it more often. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I'll keep my eyes open, maybe come back and let me know what you did

      Delete
  2. Test comment. Some people are having problems commenting

    ReplyDelete