#MealPlanningMonday - w/c 15th April I need help this week!

Meal Planning Monday


Another week has flown by, we're in the middle of April already. Can't quite believe it. Although the weather is a little warmer, its still very wet down here, so my weekly menu's haven't changed very much. Still hearty comfort food. 

Saying that, they're all Slimming World friendly and contributed to my two pound loss last week. YAY! I weigh in later today, will let you know how I get on. But am not holding my breath. Although I chose well from the hotel menu, (a salmon starter the first night, then grilled salmon with new potato and a summer pudding for desert) I couldn't fall asleep one night and raided the very expensive minibar at 3am. A packet of complimentary biscuits and a cadbury chocolate bar, which cost £1.95 (!!!!!!) later and that was that. (Didn't help me sleep either!) 

However the next morning, stuck with it and had a slimming world friendly cooked breakfast of bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and poached eggs, which saw me through the day and getting back to a chocolate and goody free house.

The Sweet Onion and Lentil Stew from Nigel Slater from last weeks menu, was delicious. I made it without the oil and butter and used trimmed smoked bacon. I believe this made it syn free, without compromising on the taste. One I'd recommend! However, for my taste buds (which are slightly screwed from the chemo) I'll use more paprika to give it a bit of kick.

This weeks menu is

Spicy gammon, potato wedges and salad
Liver, onions with potato and vegetable
Stuffed baked potato with smoked mackerel and leeks, beans and salad
Beef casserole with couscous

What do you think? I'm away this week for two nights again and really need to keep motivated and make healthy choices. Any tips????

Don't forget to check out Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday linky, for other meal planners especially of you're stuck on what to have on yours! 

2 comments:

  1. The most attractive feature of an online radio tuner is its ability to record what you're listening to. For instance i - Pod users will have difficulty syncing their devices with i - Tunes; the popular media player, sync and marketplace application isn't
    available on Linux. With the Worldmate Nokia 5800 Xpress - Music application you can keep track of the current times in up
    to five different cities worldwide at a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I desire to subscribe for this web site to get most up-to-date updates, so where
    can i do it please help out.

    Review my webpage - White Kidney bean Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete