So Long and Thanks for All the Fish

Well, the time has finally come and today is my last working day for Virgin Media. It's been a roller coaster 16 years, with a few lows but lots and lots of highs, whizzy and stomach churning bits, frights, laughs and tears.

I've enjoyed every little bit, learnt a lot about myself and other people (maybe too much about some, you know who you are......!) 

In all that time I've
  • Had just 7 managers, which I think is a record (so few!)
  • Two office location moves (Exeter and Plymouth)
  • 15 desk moves (yes I counted them!)
  • 11 episodes of sick leave
  • Became an MBTi Practioner
  • And a first aider! 
  • Have three different site passes
  • Took my CTP
  • Learnt to use Excel and now love a fabulous spreadsheet
  • Made hundreds of friends (maybe one or two enemies but we'll brush over that one......)
  • Worked in four different divisions
  • Carried out too many induction courses to remember
  • Managed two teams
  • Grown into a better person
  • Had the honour of being a Divisional Voice Representative
  • Loved Tap
  • Hated Oracle
  • Have 736 saved contacts in Outlook
  • Had perms, long hairstyles, short hairstyles and lost it altogether (but its growing back now)
  • Visited 21 different sites
  • Am in heaven writing a process

So its on to pastures new and to find a new roller coaster ride. Job hunting will start in earnest in February (keep your eyes open for the LinkedIn requests!) Am taking some time out to just get plain bored before then.

I would love for you to leave me a comment below, something I can remember you by, to look back on and match up with the memories.

And on that note, I'm leaving you with a process, one I live by, which is why I've been here for as long as I have.



No comments:

Post a Comment